Saturday, March 5, 2011

Herbal Ally Challenge # 6 / Dandelion Root Tincture

I've been really busy the last week or 2 , we're having an early Spring , so there's plenty to do around here. However I did take time this week to work with my herbal ally. I did the drawing a couple of weeks ago , but never posted it. I'll be adding it to my journal , Dandelions are so bright and cheery , can't believe so many people consider them a weed. Speaking of weed ..................................


I ordered Susun Weed's , Healing Wise and Breast Health books a few weeks ago. I'm so grateful that I finally have these books in my herbal library. I've been planning to order the 2 books , it was the perfect time and excuse since I needed them for my herbal study. So I've been reading about Dandelion and tincturing in the " Healing Wise " book.


I strained my Dandelion blossom vinegar yesterday and made the Dandelion root tincture. The vinegar is a beautiful golden color , I took it outside to take a picture so you could see the true color. I couldn't really taste the flavor of the Dandelion , it tasted just like apple cider vinegar to me. But it looks better (LOL) and I know the healing magic is in there. I made the tincture with 100 proof vodka because I had it on hand. I've always made tinctures the Susun Weed way. I plan to try a different type alcohol the next time I make tincture.


Sorry for this awful photo , but I can't believe how big the Dandelion
have grown already this year. So I harvested a bowl of leaves and made .......



this Dandelion pasta dish for lunch Thursday. It was sooo good !

~ Dandelion Blessings ~
JoyceAnn

10 comments:

karisma said...

Oh I LOVE your drawing! Its beautiful! I have a back yard full of dandelion at the moment too. Im not quite sure what to do with it all! The pasta looks yummy!

JoyceAnn said...

Thanks Karisma ! Cook those dandelions and make some dandelion vinegar , enjoy those greens.

~ Dandelion Blessings ~

tansy said...

very nice! healing wise is one of my favorite books. i love the personification of each plant, it really helped me get to know them better.

that pasta looks delicious, looks like you are having a lot of fun incorporating dandelion into your life!

i love the drawing too. very good impression of dandelion. <3

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dandelion is just beginning to poke its head up around here JoyceAnn. I did hear a Robin singing this week to but for the life of me cannot spot it yet. I did hear the flocks are beginning to come back though.
Your tincture looks wonderful and I'm envious your books, lol! I think your drawing is soooo beautiful too! I can't wait to have some nice greens for supper!
Wishing for you a relaxed and peacefilled Sunday...May Joy rest upon your 'be'ing!
xoxoxo

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Lovely beautiful drawing and
altered photo!!

The books look very interesting!

I notice my dandelion vinegar
so far is mild in flavor.
The cleavers is more strong.
My nettle was a bit different.

Had a wild greens soup today.
The dandelion pasta looks really
delicious!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

JoyceAnn said...

Thanks , Tansy !

Hi Wolfsong ~ We're having a very early Spring and I'm enjoying the early arrival of so many herbs. I cooked some bittercress Friday , it was delicious too.

Hi Flassie ~ The cleavers are starting to rear their little heads , hope to do a little more research about them this year. Are you finished moving yet ?

~ Many Blessings ~

Plantain said...

WOW! Your drawing is beautiful and the pasta. mmmm.

Flassie's Fil'a said...

No not yet. Just preparing to move and do not yet know where I will end up.

God Bless You and Yours!!!

JoyceAnn said...

Hi Flassie ~ I hope everything works out for you , will keep you in my prayers.


~ Be Blessed ~

Anonymous said...

I saw so many testimonies about Dr Itua a great HERBAL DOCTOR that can cure all kind of diseases and give you the rightful health to live a joyful life, I didn't believe it at first, but as the pain got worse and my life was at risk after visiting my therapist numerous times for combination of treatments. And no changes so I decided to take a try, I contacted him also and told him I want a cure for Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and it was Stage IIIA, he gave me advice on what I must do and he delivered it to me in my state which I use according to his instruction, and today I must say I am so grateful to this man Dr Itua for curing me from Vulvar cancer/ Testicular cancer and for restoring me back to my normal health and a sound life, I am making this known to everyone out there who have been living with cancers all his life or any sick person should not waste more time just contact him with his details below- WhatsApp- +2348149277967 Email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com believe me this man is a good man with Godly heart, this is the real secret we all have been searching for. Do not waste more time contacting him today for you to also live a sound and happy life. He cures the following disease, thyroid Cancer, Uterine cancer, Fibroid, Arthritis, Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia, Bladder cancer, Brain cancer, HIV, Herpes, Esophageal cancer, Gallbladder cancer, Gestational trophoblastic disease, Head and neck cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma,Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinus cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Stroke, Lupus, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer, Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer, Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases, Pancreatic Cancer, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Chronic Diarrhea,Copd, Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.